Saturday, April 25, 2009

Strange Yet Wonderful Things About Canada

Hey folks. Unfortunately today was probably the least blog-worthy day of the trip... I mean, right now I am sitting in my PJs watching 'Ice Road Truckers'. Nuff said.

Alex flew out to Calgary this morning at 7:00am so she was up and about at 4:30am getting ready. I however was slack and stayed in bed until about 90 seconds before she left. So no feast for me.
I'm getting picked up to go to Camp Summit tomorrow at 12 so I had a few chores to do, buying guitar strings and my supplies for dinner and breakfast, which was two apples and a Snickers bar. (Jute and Meels have let me have free rein in their kitchen.)

So some crazy things about Canada. Everything here is big, from the cars to the seagulls, the street numbers (all in the thousands), the roads (think TransCanada Hwy) and the city. Vancouver is so much more spread out than Perth, people actually live in it so its sprawls out over a much bigger area. Also, for some reason, houses are like 87% window. There are some seriously busy window washers around here I swear.

Also they set their heaters to the same temperature we set our air conditioners. Go figure.

Anyway sorry for the boring post, but I just did chores today like buying guitar strings and deodorant, so not very interesting. Alex however I'm sure will have much more to say (the drinking age in Alberta being 18 and all.... jokes!) so hopefully she will put something up to make up for this.

Next time you hear from me I'll be at Camp Summit, but there is no saying when I might get to use their internet so we shall just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment