Sunday, May 3, 2009

Trained

Hey people, sorry it has been a long time between posts, but I kept leaving my laptop in the cabin rather than in the staff lounge. However I have now corrected this, but still won't be posting all that often as this exercise is rather introverted and I'd rather be hanging out with the other staff.

So the other day we finished staff training. I now have my high ropes certification and have been learning about setting camp, building campfires, cooking bannock, riding mountain bikes, doing low ropes and playing team building games.

For May and June Summit is an Outdoor Education Centre, so we get school groups coming for between one and three nights. Our youngest bunch are Grade 3s, most of them are Grade 7s and we do have a few groups of Grade 12s, so they are the same age as me and a couple of the other staff.

We're going to see Wolverine in town in like 5 mins so I better dash

Here are some photos:

Photobucket Maggie and I just before I left Meel and Jute's apartment.

Photobucket This is my life for the next 9 months, all my clothes and stuff is right here in this shot.

Photobucket My half of cabin 'Conybeare' just after I moved in. This is home for the next 6 months.

Photobucket The tent and teacher cabins in half of 'West Village' which is where my cabin is. And yes, that is a mountain.

Photobucket The staff cabins. The guys are on the right in Black Tusk and Opal Cone, the girls on the left in ConyBeare and Alpen.

Photobucket On our way back from our first trip to town. Left to right: Dave - Gapper, Jake - Ropes (back seat), Tyler - Gapper, Tristan - General Instructor (back seat), Me.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Issy,
    Great to hear from you - thought you'd dropped off a rope! The Camp looks great and the people look like a fun lot. Drop us an email soon.

    love Mum xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. whitttt

    loving the photos! fellow gappers turned out to be alright after all my worrying?

    looks like fun hey im pretty jealous.

    beats uni any day.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i Loved Camp Summit

    ReplyDelete