Saturday, May 16, 2009

Campers

Hey guys! So just finished with my 2nd group of kids, a group of 9 boys that I was lucky enough to have all to myself...It didn't seem to make alot of sense seeing as other groups had less than 9 kids and its alot harder being a girl counsellor working with a boys group. These weren't just any boys either. They were crazy. But I suppose it allowed for some fun times (occasionally) as well as some very very stressful ones. The rest of the staff are so supportive though especially when they know you have a tough group. They just wouldnt stop hitting each other with anythin they could find, sticks, stones, watches, oranges...they're hands. I had to keep a constant eye on them. Unfortunately the weather had a turn for the worst again this week and it was snowing again. Luckily its all cleared up for the weekend and it was a toasty 18 today which I spent in Canmore and Banff where we saw Star Trek :)

We're renting a room in Canmore and the Rocky mountain ski lodge at the moment so we stayed here last night and tonight and maybe tomorrow. Unfortunately it went on my card..so I'm in the process of trying to get money off everyone. Not doing that again. It's a wicked place though, a loft so we crammed in like 11 people last night with 3 beds and a futon. Impressive.

So we have a long weekend this week and so we get monday off. It's Slush Cup and the local ski hill Sunshine so might head up there for some skiing if I decide to spare the money.

Got to go for now, will touch base with everyone as soon as I can.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment