Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Home At Last, Sort Of

So I have finally made it back. No thanks to my Sydney to SFO flight being delayed and making me miss my connecting flight to Vancouver. I must say I was less than thrilled at the prospect of spending 7hrsin San Fran, but I did manage to have a ridiculously delicious turkey and avocado sandwhich. No one does turkey like the yanks that's for sure.
Anyway so I spent last night in Vancouver waiting to take the greyhound up to Squamish where I am now. Missing that connection extended my travel time to around 42 hrs. Ridiculous!! But totally worth it. As the plane banked around the right just before we landed, I could see the whole city sprawled out, the tiny glowing lights illuminAting the coastline. It was nestled below the BC coastal mountains, which still hav the last scraps of snow on their tips. They were cloaked in thick swirling cloud. It was beautiful.
Arriving back in Canada feels like coming home. Everything is so wonderfully familiar. The city, the Sea to Sky corridor, even Squamish's indutrial area makes me feel nostalgic (we had some good times dropping off the Propane Pete, the bus that breaks ALL THE TIME)

First day of pre-camp was awesome, great to see old friends and start making new ones. Better head off to get some sleep before the rest of the week!!

1 comment:

  1. hey issy good to hear you are safely in squamish - you need to change your flag on your blog. I am on you computer trying to find e-tickets getting there! love mum

    ReplyDelete