Friday, July 31, 2009

Trip, Olympics, Grilled Cheese and Vegemite Necklaces

Just a quickie as I haven't posted in a month and felt awful about it. So today is the last morning of the two week session. I am farewelling campers I have had for the longest time period all summer, so it is a pretty sad day. The reason I have managed to snag computer time was because I was up at 6am getting 4 of my campers packed to catch an 11am flight to Monterey. There is quite a strong Mexican contingent who fly up for the 2 weeks. They are really awesome kids and I was pretty stoked when they started teaching me some Spanish. So far I can only name about 6 colours, but hey that is more spanish than I knew before thats for sure.
Two of our Mexican LITs also left as they had to head back to school, so it was sad to see them go as they have been with us since the beginning of Pre-Camp at the end of June.

Oh the bell just rung so I better skedaddle and wake up the remainder of my cabin so they can get to brekky! Adios.

Here are a couple of pictures. They were taken on the camp camera and uploaded to the Camp Summit website. They upload a few pictures from the session every day so feel free to check it out. The link is here.
Photobucket
Serratus (My cabin) all dressed up for Halloween dinner
Photobucket
About to head out on trip with Aaron to Cheakamus Lake for 3 days
Photobucket
Being chased as the sheep in a camp wide game called Zoobreak
Photobucket
All the Zoobreak animals

No comments:

Post a Comment